It's a bright, bright sunshiny day

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
I like this quote by William Arthur Ward. Today it reminds me of Eline, a blogger and Etsy shop owner who has shown me such kindness and generosity.   I am new to Etsy and even newer to blogging.  A few weeks ago Eline sent me a note through Etsy telling me she has featured one of my teacups and saucers in her treasury list and that it had made Etsy's front page.  Unsure of what a treasury was, I sent Eline a message explaining this, and the fact that I was new to Etsy and was not a techy person in the least (I just today learned how to do a hyperlink for this post)! She took a lot of time in explaining the treasury to me, how it works and even sent a link to another site where one can see if any of their items had been featured or not. She has since used another of my items in a treasury, blogged about transferware and my Etsy shop and blog. She has been so nice and giving of her time. Her most recent act of kindness was awarding me with the Sunshine Blog Award:

Eline, I owe you a special thank you. You are talented, creative, insightful and very giving. Thank you.


Rules for accepting the award are as follows:

Put the Sunshine Blog Award logo in your post or on your blog, or both.
Give the award to 12 bloggers and include links to their blogs in your post.
Let the nominees know they have been given the award by commenting on one of their posts.
Share the link to the person from whom you received the award.


I would like to honor these bloggers with this award for their unique perspectives, writing, creativity and inspiration they each give to me and others:

Cynthia Bogart at http://www.thedailybasics.com/   Cynthia is the editor of this webzine who has also shown me alot of kindness.  Recently she wrote an article on transferware and featured me as a collector.  Needless to say, I was absolutely thrilled!   The Daily Basics puts out a broad range of stories anywhere from decorating to the Winter Olympics.  I especially enjoyed the article Stenciling - British Style.

Aston Smith at Living in your Kitchen -- design trends-- Aston Smith  Aston is a friend I met on Twitter and is a kitchen designer with fabulous ideas, experience and taste.  I enjoy her creativity and she posts some wonderful recipes too!

Marie Maguire at Holly Lane Antiques  I think Marie was my first twitter follower and the first I followed on Twitter.  She has a beautiful blog and antique shop where she specializes in antique white English ironstone.  She has other lovelies too, such as stunning vintage linens and my personal favorite, transferware.

Julie Bova at http://www.paisleyplaidandread.com/   She is an interior designer and her blog is gorgeous covering fashion, furniture and design. 

MABJewelry She also has an Etsy shop showcasing her incredible talent for making jewelry bridging styles from steampunk to modern, vintage-inspired to gothic.


















Comments

  1. You are too kind Nancy! Thank you for the kindness. I look forward to explore the blogs you suggest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw gee Nancy - thanks!!!! I only write about things that are REALLY WONDERFUL like YOU!!
    Thanks for being a great subject!
    Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I appreciate the time you take to post a comment and I read them all.