Spode Lilac Polychrome Transferware Table For One

Just had to share these beauties...

This gorgeous set is by Spode and was produced in 1927-28.  As is the case with many of Spode Copeland patterns, there is no pattern name (that I know of), only a number, which is hand painted on the back of each piece.  


Each piece depicts a different landscape of sorts.

The border and filigree design around the scene is exquisite.

I came across this pattern once before but in another color, red and black, which has a completely different look and appeal.  I kept this set and featured it a couple of years ago here on my blog.
That post is HERE



Most of you all know that I love to display and decorate with antique jewelry, especially pieces that belonged to family members.  This brooch is one of those very sentimental pieces.  It belonged to my husbands Grandmother Roberts and was given to me when she passed a few years ago.  Today, it takes the place of a napkin ring.   It's a piece that I have displayed all the time in my living room.  

Now, time for a bite and by the time you read this post these dishes will have been washed and listed to my Etsy shop, English Transferware.  I love that I am able to enjoy so many beautiful pieces before passing them along to some of you.

Joining:

Pink Saturday
BNOTP
Romantic Homes,Common GroundFeathered Nest Friday,Charm of HomeFunky Junk Interiors No Minimalist HereA Stroll Thru Life,  Make It Pretty Monday
Let's Dish shabbyartboutique

Comments

  1. Nancy, these are exquisite with their ruffled edges and pretty pinks. Your table is beautifully set as always. Wonderful that you found a complete set of these. I doubt they last long before moving onto someone else for their table. Thanks for sharing all this beauty! ~ Sarah
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Nancy!! What a fabulous table to sit at....love the idea of adding the bling to the napkins...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just so beautiful, Nancy! And you've displayed them in such a pretty setting. I love that each piece has a different image. Thanks so much for posting them. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, these are gorgeous. I think one of these days I need to get my hands on some polychrome transferware! It is simply amazing.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is a pretty pattern. I see what you mean how the red brought out a whole different feel!!! They're both beautiful, but the red had a teensy bit more of a "masculine" edge to it. Not that it looks manly, though! Not by far!!! I think the lilac is just more girly by virtue of its color. The edges of the dishes are exquisite!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful Spode set! I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the broach with the lace napkin with these gorgeous dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Spode set in that wonderful color.It seems even prettier than most plates in lavender or purple.Are you keeping the set or selling them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a neat set of dishes Nancy! I hadn't seen this pattern before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, I am over the moon about these dishes. They are SO Beautiful. I love the design and the work in the middle. I have never seen anything like them. Purple heaven. Looks lace lace around the edges of the plates and the landscapes are little works of art. You were very lucky to come across these.
    Thanks for sharing them, Ruthie from: http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rhiw sure makes for a lovely table, so lovely suek

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Nancy! I really love the landscapes on these dishes. I don't think I have ever seen a pattern quite like it! Such a pretty color, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful table spread - including the vintage jewelry! would love to have you come link to "Open House".

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have such a vast collection of purple transferware...all beautiful, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, Nancy! Love the colour and the ruffled rims. I just bought a friend of mine a Spode teacup and saucer for her bithday. It is blue and white. Beautiful patterns! Thanks for sharing and Happy Pink Saturday.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Nancy! Oh, these are such pretty dishes. Spode sure did make some beautiful patterns! :) Love your pretty tablescape too.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous! Hopping a little late from Pink Saturday.

    My PINK, come and see when you get a chance.
    Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful patterned, Spode Set! Love the delicate design. Your tablescape is beautiful! Happy Pink Saturday.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  19. What beautiful pieces! And, I love how you've refashioned the gorgeous, sentimental brooch into a napkin ring so that it's enjoyed and appreciated every day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This has the look of rose-colored lace. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is one of the prettiest china patterns I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You not only have the most beautiful patterns of English cina, but also set the most beautiful tables, Nancy. Enjoy your week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  23. This pattern is so beautiful. It makes quite a pretty table. Love the color of them too.
    Pat @ Topiary Rose

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this color! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the colour and the way you have combined it with other stuff for the table. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I appreciate the time you take to post a comment and I read them all.