A Tartan Kind of Morning

Good morning all!  
Decidedly, this is my favorite spot in the house for a cup of morning coffee.

Mornings here are still a bit nippy so I've been keeping a large tartan shawl that doubles as a throw over my favorite chair. 


I've had National Tartan Day on my mind for a few weeks now and it is quickly winding down to the day itself, April 6th.  I decided to spend a little morning time perusing through my collection of Scottish clan books.


I figured I may as well indulge my part Scottish, tartan loving self and have my coffee in what I think is a fitting cup and saucer.




And while I'm at, I'll tuck a few pieces of my Mother in laws homemade biscotti (which is the bomb, btw) into this Scottish butter dish....a perfect fit! 
 Note to self:  vintage butter dishes make adorable biscotti holders and would be great for gifting!

Mmmm...a yummy combination!

I think my impromptu 'Scottish' themed morning is going to be a nice one, and I have needed it for a looooong time.

 Now, I'll settle in with a sip, a dunk and a good read.

 I hope you have a lovely morning!


joining:

Comments

  1. What a lovely idea! Thanks for the heads up about National Tartan Day. ;-)
    I passed up some wonderful pieces of tartan ware at Round Top this past week. I so wanted to add to my collection, but prices were high and other things took priority. I did come home with a special transfer ware rolling pin. I hope to share about my find soon. Keep enjoying your cozy mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy! Oh, what a beautiful spot! I love everything about it and it looks so homey and comfy! Your throw looks so nice. Hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was very cosy! I was looking at my collection of tartan tea cups and thinking of the 6th. Perhaps I'll be organised enough to have something ready!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to learn there is a tartan day! Being Elliott's we need to celebrate. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I frequently go to your blog to look at this spot in your photos! It shouts English Cottage, the style I love!! Such a beautiful room!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your so cozy spot, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house is so beautiful
    So traditional which I love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your style Nancy! Thanks for sharing at HSH!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I appreciate the time you take to post a comment and I read them all.