1/2 cup butter (one stick)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 & 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
five (5) 8 oz. packages cream cheese (softened)
1 & 1/3 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. In seperate bowls, allow butter & cream cheese soften
2. Make the crust by creaming together the butter, sugar, vanilla & salt. Add the egg and mix well. Add flour and stir well to combine.
3. Preheat oven to 375° then press half the dough onto the bottom of a springform pan. Bake 5 - 7 minutes, or until the edge of the dough begins to turn light brown. Cool.
4. Take the remaining dough and press it around the inside edge of the pan. Don't go all the way up to the top though. Leave about 1/2 inch margin from the top of the pan.
5. Crank oven up to 500° . To make the filling, combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in the sour cream and flour. Add eggs and mix on low speed until combined.
6. Pour the cream cheese filling into the pan and bake for for 10 minutes at 500° . Reduce the heat to 350° and bake for another 30 to 35 minutes more, or until the center is firm. Cool completely, then cover and chill in refrigerator for several hours or overnight before serving.
For more tablescape ideas please visit Susans blog, at Between Naps on The Porch, where she hosts this fun event every week!