Dreams and Time



Is there ever enough time in life?  Do we have enough time to do all we want to do, all we need to do, all we should do, all we have to do...and most importantly all we were meant to do?

At times I am overwhelmed merely by time, the lack of time.




Dreams and Time
  (by me)

As the procession of life moves on with all of its sound,
I seek only to stop, and for just a moment turn around-
For behind me lie fractions of dreams that once were mine,
Broken pieces gone astray that I'd somehow like to find.

If only for sparse moments time would cease to exist
I'd sever the losses, but laudable dreams I'd re-enlist.
I'd use those moments to pick up and tenderly repair
Fragments of dreams bearing dissipation because I'm no longer there.

I'd know a surging of my spirit in my dreams new revival
Being thankful for the time given me for their survival,
And then having regrouped to carry on with the procession
I'd take heed to my salvaged dreams but offer up this confession:

Seeking to fulfill your dreams and see them on to fruition
Is worth the planning and perseverance but time is the tuition.
And time, though it seems to pass quickly, is perpetually here-
I would caution; use it wisely friend, for it is we who disappear.


Nancy M Roberts ©2001




I'm linking up with A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday


and to Smiling Sally for Blue Monday

Comments

  1. There is always not enough time in mine. Very lovely words and I like the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I so agree! Time does not seem to be my friend lately
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blue Monday!! I agree, there never is enough time!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The clock is gorgeous. Nice read of your words and the poem, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And today our time is spent for Blue Monday! Nice work, Nancy. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TIme is always ticking, I did a segment on this once, it was very thought provoking. Happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A sweet hello from Frog Hollow Farm. What a great post, and wonderful piece of writing that clearly states what we all feel - there is never enough time! Ciao, bella!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time - oi! or, as Mary Engelbreit says, "Time flies, whether your having fun or not!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great piece on time. I like your writing and the quotes. At my age it seems that time is flying at warp speed, but thanks for the reminder that I'm still the pilot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it! & yes there is never enough time, as I should be getting ready to go to the Zoo with my daughter LOL but I'm compelled to make just one more post LOL LOL
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Nancy.. I LOVE your poem! How very true these words are for many of us, if not most of us, in some way or other... Happy Blue Monday to you! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's a cool poem. I love it, makes you think. Like how right now I really should be finishing my final paper for music appreciation that's due this Wednesday.

    ~Tootles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy, thank you for sharing your thoughts and poetry about time. I loved it all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply beautiful! Full of inspiration. :)
    Lately it feels like I'm always running out of time. When all I really need to do is stop... breathe a moment... and really appreciate the time I have at that moment.

    Thank you so much for sharing. I look forward to following you!

    xoxo,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post Nancy! Very true words. Time does appear to be fleeting and I am learning to take one day at a time and savor every moment of it.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I appreciate the time you take to post a comment and I read them all.