Creamy Chicken Florentine Lasagne

I put off making this for a day or two, wound up freezing the chicken I'd planned to cook for it and then when I finally got around to making it I used canned chicken breast.  It was one of those nights when I was busy lazy and really didn't want to cook.  I adjusted the original recipe to make it my own, adding nutmeg, adjusting quantities and additional cheeses.  Turns out it was so easy, almost a one bowl recipe, but with lots of ingredients.   I made enough for two meals so you may want to just make 1/2 of this or freeze 1/2.  This is a beautiful dish and would be lovely for a luncheon or special dinner.  I'm kinda already craving it again. 

Oh, and most importanly…my family gave this lasagne the seal of 'blog worthy' approval (even Michael who doesn't like spinach too much), so here you go!


Creamy Chicken Florentine Lasagne
(this made two meals+ and will easily feed 16 so you may want to cut this in 1/2 or make in two pans and freeze one)

15 Lasagne Noodles (cooked according to package directions)

6-8 Cups Chopped Chicken (use leftovers, cook some or use canned breast meat, drained)
1 26 oz Family size can of Cream of Mushroom soup 
22 oz (or approximate) package chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained (press spinach between paper towels to dry out excess liquid)
4 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
1 small- medium yellow onion, chopped fairly fine
2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
4 cups Sour Cream
3/4 cup mayonnaise (real not Miracle Whip)
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cornstarch


2 cups Fresh shredded Italian Cheese blend (Romano, Parmesan, Asiago, Provolone & Mozzarella)
3/4 cup chopped & stove top toasted Pecans (melt about 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet and cook pecans for about 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently)




So easy to make, you just put all 12 ingredients in the middle (chicken, soup, spinach, cheddar, onion, parmesan, sour cream, mayo, spices, soy) into a bowl and stir until well blended.



Layer the bottom of a greased pan with your cooked lasagne noodles.  I sometimes cut mine to fit and completely cover the pan.  Layer the spinach mixture and repeat two times.


Top with the Italian cheese blend, and bake for 45 minutes at 350.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with pecans and then continue baking for 10-15 minutes.  Let it stand for about 15 minutes before serving.  I think it actually tastes best the second day after all the flavors have married so this is probably one you could put together the day before company comes and then bake it the day they are there.    



Hope you enjoy this as much as we did!  





Joining: Cozy Little House
 Foodie Friday
Elizabeth & Co
I'm Not a Trophy WIfe Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
Romantic Home Country French Cottag
A LIfe in Balance
A Stroll Thru Life
Wow Us Wednesday
Foodie Friday

Comments

  1. OMG Nancy I just copied this recipe...can't wait to try it!! Looks and sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful, and it looks like it feeds an army or some hungry teenage boys :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! Have a terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I would love this. Thansk tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks super yummy! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us on Foodie Friday... pinned this wonderful recipe. Hope to see more of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I appreciate the time you take to post a comment and I read them all.