No Bull, It's a Collection


It's no secret that I collect transferware, but
 I never considered that I might have a cow collection.  However, if the saying is true that "if you have 3 or more, it's a collection" then I suppose that indeed I do have a little cow collection, or well, bull collection.  Actually I guess I have both a cow and a bull collection.   Actually now that I think about it, if the rule of 3 is fact, then I have a lot of collections. Seriously. A lot of collections.  


I've shown you some of the cows in my kitchen before but today I decided to show the cows in my breakfast nook. I really like this little vignette across my kitchen table with the candlesticks and cute bread cart.  



In the photo above, you can see the wooden cow sign that hangs above and between the French doors.  It's fairly large, about 22".  I can't remember if this came from a butchers shop or what it was used for, but I just knew I liked it and had a perfect spot to display it.  It's a really nice antique piece that is carved dimensionally.



Several years ago I posted a tablescape with two matching bull planters which, at the time, were the only two that I had.  After publishing that post a few readers periodically asked about buying the planters.  After a time I gave in and sold one of the planters to one of those that had asked about it. 


I just recently came across another one of these Hereford Bull planters and decided to go ahead and buy it and put it in my shop in case anyone is looking for one.  Isn't he a cutie?  


When I was putting the centerpiece / display on the breakfast table and decided to put the bull planters there I went out to the front yard and clipped some sprigs off the bushes to add real greenery.  I've been surprised at how fresh it's stayed, for over a week now.   When I took the scissors out to cut the sprigs off the bushes  Shawn was like, "you're trimming the hedges with scissors"????  lol  

Earlier today as I was thinking about this post I thought that a grouping, um excuse me,  I mean a collection, of these little planters would be darling in a windowsill with fresh herbs growing in them.  Don't you agree?

Now, see the biggest bull on the table, to the right of the cart?  That's my newest addition and though it's not a planter it is a unique item.  It did come from a Butchers shop in England where these larger bulls were made as displays for the meat counters.  Pretty cool, huh?


And not to change the subject suddenly, but since I know some of you all who love transferware almost as much as I do, and who also follow my blog might notice some of the 'new' to my collection advertising transferware on the bookcase in the background.  I've come across some amazing pieces in recent months so I'll be sharing more about those soon…just in case you're wondering!



Hope you liked seeing some of my cattle collection!

Joining these wonderful blog parties:
Cozy Little House WOW  Share Your Style From My Front Porch to Yours The Scoop Project Inspired  Hope In Every SeasonWow Us Wednesday BNOTP Amaze Me Monday


Comments

  1. Nancy, I noticed the new additions immediately. Can't wait to hear about them!
    Well, it's no secret that I like cows, so it goes without saying that I found this post moo-velous!
    I've never seen a cow planter. Something else to look for. Your centerpiece is clever. I like the idea of growing herbs in these on a windowsill.
    Hope you are enjoying a good summer. Thanks for sharing more of your cows. I'm off to add some pics to my Bovine Love Board. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy! Oh, I love your sweet little cows! You've set up the cutest vignette on your table and of course I'm blown away seeing your big hutch filled to the rim with transferware.
    Hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YES I noticed the PURE MILK container first thing LOL And I still love the round Cheese, because of you I did order the Pure Lard slab and now I need a cute pig ceramic item to sit on it
    Love all your BULL planters
    you come up with the most unusual things that are so interesting with your transferware
    Thanks for sharing and share more often

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your collections are wonderful!! Love the cows and bulls. I've lost count of all my collections, but that's what makes our homes unique.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy not only do I love your cow collection and pretty vignette...I LOVE your whole breakfast room!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, Nancy, I noticed that PURE MILK immediately! Love, love your collections. I recently went to an estate sale, had previewed photos in hopes of snagging a cow planter that was adorable, then passed on it! Why, I don't know, because he's the one thing I kept thinking about afterward - of course. I always look forward to reading your posts when they come up. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm drooling! You have so many beautiful pieces Nancy!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I appreciate the time you take to post a comment and I read them all.