Halloween Dinner Party Tablescape

I'm feeling a bit nostalgic today and was going through some of my past posts.  I decided to share an old post today as Halloween is just a couple of days away.  

On Halloween the thing you must do
Is pretend that nothing can frighten you 
And if something scares you and you want to run
 Just let on like it's Halloween fun.
 ~Author Unknown~



Dinner will be served in the dining room this evening by my friend, Bonehead Bob.  Come on in, pull up a chair and dig right in...if you dare.


On the menu we'll be having Cranial Crunch, Bob's specialty stew he simmers for two weeks in a Cauldron of fresh let blood given to him by his Grandmother back in 1644. 







Bonehead Bob helped me set the table.  We began with these black Heritage Lace placemats. We layered them over white dinner napkins, placed at an angle, so the scene on them would really stand out.

As Bob has carefully planned our evening, he has opted for non traditional flatware at each setting.   He says skewers will be needed for the eyeball roast over an open fire, and miniature pitch forks for each guest to catch a rat, snake or any vermin they desire.  He'll bake our catches, if we wish, with special seasonings purchased from Cryptomart.
The big serrated knives, Bob says, are to get every last bit of gristle left on our carcasses.








At each setting we've included themed tealight candles and  RIP tombstones.   Bonehead Bob was so excited to give these as party favors to our guests.  He said, 'It's the gift that lasts at least several lifetimes".




The black transferware dinner plates were stacked on an old iron fish bowl stand so as not to obstruct the view of the placemats.  

On top of the plates is a big jack o lantern pumpkin luminary candle.  We kept switching between the orange and black.  Which do you like best?

I love these Spider luminary candles...they're my favorite.  There is a pattern of webs and spiders of cut black wax over white so that they cast an eery glow.



We're ready, we've set the table and the stew is still bubbling as the fire is burning.  We're just waiting for you to come and join us.










When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam,
May luck be yours on Halloween.
~Author Unknown





joining:
Cedar Hill Farmhouse


Comments

  1. Nancy, I'm glad you shared this one again. What fun! I shared a reworked Black Cat post yesterday in honor of National Black Day. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is amazing! Love all the details. That spider webbing was done so well! I hope you had a fun party!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I appreciate the time you take to post a comment and I read them all.