Perfect Christmas Potatoes & Sale

I don't know if I've ever told you this, but potatoes are one of my very favorite foods.  Baked, fried, boiled, mashed.  It matters not.  I have never met a potato I didn't like.  However, some stand out more than others and this dish is just that.  We call them Christmas Potatoes because I generally only make them on special occasions, such as Christmas, because they have bits of red and green which makes them look so Christmasy.  They are chock full of yummy ingredients and they are downright scrumptious!  I've served these to no one who has not commented on how good they are.   




Perfect Christmas (or any special occasion) Potatoes 
 (a recipe adapted and tweaked by me from The American Country Inn and Bed and Breakfast Cookbook, Volume One)

About 3 lbs potatoes, cooked and mashed 
1 1/2 sticks butter
8 oz cream cheese (softened makes blending easier)
4 oz jar diced pimientos, drained
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup grated medium Cheddar cheese
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2-3/4 cup sour cream
1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
salt and pepper (about a teaspoon of each, or to taste)


I have made these with russet potatoes (peeled),  red potatoes (I almost always leave skin on red potatoes) and Yukon Gold (which are probably my least favorite for this recipe).  Whichever potato you choose to use,  boil, drain and mash them.  Add all remaining ingredients and blend until well mixed and lumps are gone.  The mixture should be pretty moist, almost as if they're a little too moist and slightly runny.  If they don't appear to be extra moist add a little more sour cream.  Place in a baking dish that you've buttered, greased or used a little non stick spray on.  Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.

  Take it from a self described connoisseur of potatoes...you and your guests will not be disappointed.  They're that good!








Sale Ends Soon!


Joining in at:

Comments